We said “let’s turn this lockdown upside-down!” and you guys delivered!
From littlest riders sending ride-ons down ramps, to scavenger hunts and so many Princess Bride quotes, the entries were amazing! We had the hardest time selecting a winner — honestly, they were all great. But without further ado, our vote for the prize goes to this one:
Curious to see the finalists (maybe your video made it to the last round!)?
You can check them out!
In the meantime, and by meantime we mean the foreseeable future, our list of things to do with kids while stuck at home is still fun and we hope it’s something you’ll circle back to when you’re short on ideas.
11 Things to do With Your Kids While Stuck at Home
- Use a paper map (!) to plot a bike ride through a forest trail network or neighborhood and then have your kid be the navigator/map reader. It’s ok to get lost and we highly recommend channeling your inner Planet Earth narrative voice-over.
- Bike picnic. Pack a special lunch and get out. Turn your adventure into a documentary.
- Rockets made from a plastic bottle, baking soda & vinegar. It’s a blast! Who doesn’t love to blow things up? Huge opportunity for special effects here!
- Slackline. Shoot this in slow-mo, sped-up, or lots of clips edited together. The magic here happens post production.
- Try to make a fire without matches. Supervision is key here, but it’s totally doable. EurekaCamping has some great ideas.
- Frisbee golf. Schools make excellent courses. Think of this as filming a sporting event. Conduct some interviews with athletes, show highlights etc.
- Build a kid friendly bike ramp or teeter-totter. RedBull Rampage, here we come! *please make sure this is well within your rider’s ability.
- Treasure hunt. Depending on how much set-up area and time you have, kids can search on bikes or by foot.
- Carwash. It’s not just a 1970’s cinematic treasure. Your ride will end up sparkling clean.
- Yoga for Kids – Next level adorable. Get in the groove, then create your own variation of a sun salutation to share!
- You show us! Come up with your own idea that’s more brilliant than the ones we’ve listed.